Click Here to Take Our Survey!
This blog has one goal: to connect those of us who share interests in imagination–its power, forms, functions, and joys–and children. The power of imagination in people’s lives is my lifelong interest. I know that I can learn a lot from your experiences.
I will post regularly, but this blog is my invitation to you–fellow parents, caregivers, teachers, researchers, grandparents, aunts and uncles–to engage in a conversation about imagination.
I invite you to send me:
• Stories about how imagination, imaginative play, reading, storytelling, and/or writing are functional or valuable in your child’s life (or in the lives of the children in your care)
• Questions about imaginative play with children
• Ideas for how imaginative interaction can be useful or soul-supporting for adults in their professional, family, and internal lives
• Examples of how imagination is related to empathy
• Descriptions about how imagination helps people of any age respond to life issues, social issues, health crises, or other challenges
• Tales related to imaginative play, reading, storytelling, or writing in your childcare setting or classroom
• Tales of how family life and imagination can be interwoven
I look forward to hearing from you! I also invite you to subscribe, so you won’t miss any posts: